Kerala Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Entrance Exam (KEAM) is a state-level, annual entrance examination was conducted for admission to courses in engineering, medical, architecture and medical in various institution of Kerala. But since the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) became the national level medical/dental entrance test, KEAM medical entrance has been discontinued. Now KEAM is conducted to undergraduate programs in engineering colleges in Kerala. The examination is conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE) under the Government of Kerala.
KEAM 2021 syllabus is based on 10+2 level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects. The entrance exam consists of 120 MCQs, which has to be attended in 2 hours 30 minutes. The exam is conducted offline.
Students who have passed class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks in PCM with an individual score of 50% in Mathematics. Students who are appearing for their board exam are also eligible to apply.
Students who belong to Keralite, Non-Keralite Category (NK I) and Non-Keralite Category-II (NK II) are required to produce a nativity certificate to become eligible for the entrance examination.
Documents required for exam registration
- Scanned photo of the applicant, signature and left-hand thumb impression.
- Mark sheet of class 10th
- Income certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Community certificate
- Should be an Indian citizen, also Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) or hold an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card are eligible.
A valid email address and mobile number are also mandatory.
KEAM 2021 Entrance exam Syllabus
Algebra, Permutation and combination, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Coordinate geometry, Statistics and Probability, Theory & Application of Calculus
Introduction and Measurement, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Heat and Thermodynamics, Gravitation, Mechanics of solids and fluids, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Electromagnetic induction and alternating current, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic nucleus, Solids and Semiconductor devices
Basic concepts and atomic structure, Bonding and molecular structure, Periodic properties of elements and hydrogen, Solutions, Redox reactions and Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Hydrocarbons, Polymers and biomolecules, Environmental chemistry and Chemistry in everyday life
Colleges accepting KEAM Score
Following are the various colleges/institutions in Kerala accepting KEAM score for admission to various engineering courses.
- College of Engineering, Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram
- Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram
- College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram
- College of Engineering, Kottarakkara, Kollam
- College of Engineering, Karunagappally, Kollam
- College of Engineering, Kallooppara, Pathanamthitta
- College of Engineering Adoor, Pathanamthitta
- College of Engineering, Poonjar, Kottayam
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Pampady, Kottayam
- College of Engineering, Chengannur, Alappuzha
- College of Engineering, Pallippuram, Cherthala, Alappuzha
- Government Engineering College, Painavu, Idukki
- Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara, Ernakulam
- Government Engineering College, Thrissur
- Government Engineering College, Sreekrishnapuram, Palakkad
- Government Engineering College, Mananthavady, Wayanad
- Government Engineering College, Kozhikode
- Government College of Engineering, Kannur